HANOVER, Germany, Sept. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Today at IAA Commercial Vehicles 2012, Dana Holding Corporation (NYSE: DAN) announced a comprehensive lineup of technologically advanced solutions across the entire drivetrain designed to improve performance and fuel economy while decreasing maintenance, operating costs, and long-term cost of ownership.
Located in Hall 17, Stand B27, Dana will provide details on the following innovations:
- industry-first technology for line-haul tractors engineered to automatically manage tire pressure, improving fuel economy and decreasing operating costs;
- an extension to the popular line of Spicer ® axles with AdvanTEK ® gearing that now includes light commercial vehicles;
- a premium driveshaft design with a single-piece assembly that delivers improved performance compared to traditional two-piece driveshafts; and
- a strategic relationship with Allison Transmission Holdings Inc. (NYSE: ALSN) and Fallbrook Technologies Inc. to bring powertrain solutions with breakthrough NuVinci ® continuously variable transmission (CVT) technology to the various vehicle markets
"Fleet operators today face a myriad of pressures that impact productivity and the bottom line, such as rising fuel prices, tightening government regulations, and increasing competition for drivers," said Pat D'Eramo, president of Commercial Vehicle Driveline Technologies at Dana. "As a global leader in drivetrain innovations, we stand alone in our ability to leverage technological advances from all the vehicle markets we serve and tailor them to help commercial-vehicle fleets become more productive and profitable."
Advanced Tire Pressure Management for Line-Haul
Currently undergoing initial road testing on commercial-vehicle tractors, Dana's new tire pressure management technology optimized for line-haul tractors is the first internal axle system of its kind for powered commercial vehicles.
The concepts presented at IAA have been engineered to automatically maintain proper inflation for drive and steer axles, significantly increasing vehicle fuel efficiency and reducing maintenance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV