Kass: Camp Romney Is Chaos
This column originally appeared on Real Money Pro at 7:31 a.m. EDT on Sept. 18.
NEW YORK ( Real Money) -- I want to start today's missive by emphasizing that my remarks are not politically motivated.
I have repeatedly written that I try not to introduce my personal views into my columns, and that importantly includes my political beliefs. I don't think anyone should care about my (or any talking head's) political views.
My remarks are solely intended to state the emerging trends (in the polls and elsewhere) as they relate to the possible outcome of the presidential election, as the outcome of the November election will weigh mightily on the U.S. stock market.It is generally assumed by a majority of investors that a Republican presidential win is more market- and business-friendly than a Democratic presidential win. There are only about 50 days left for the presidential campaigns, and, regardless of one's political views, as we move closer to the first week of November, time brings greater clarity as to who will win the election. It is generally recognized that the Romney campaign is now in trouble. His campaign has seemingly been on the back foot since his acceptance at the Republican National Convention. Even my friend/buddy/pal Larry Kudlow seemed depressed last night as he emphasized the need for more substance and policy in the Romney dialogue.
- Obama's lead on Intrade has expanded to a multi-month high of 67.5%.
- Obama is leading in nearly every national poll now (with the exception of Rasmussen).
- Obama's lead is widening in the important battleground states.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV