Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
Cramer said there is clearly a slowdown in worldwide commerce as people and business are just shipping less these days. That's why policymakers around the globe are in a frenzy because they see the weakness building.
But when it comes to FedEx and rival UPS (UPS), Cramer said both companies didn't see this slowdown coming and were too optimistic for a quick recovery. He noted that FedEx is not tied to housing or autos, the two sectors that are driving much of U.S. growth at the moment.Cramer also posited that perhaps Amazon.com (AMZN) is partially to blame because the mail-order giant is building more and more warehouses closer to their customers, causing less demand for next-day deliveries and more demand for ground deliveries that arrive in the same timeframe. Watch the full Cramer interview here. --Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV