Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- With the news that Alpha Natural Resources (ANR) is closing four of its coal mines, Jim Cramer told Debra Borchardt at TheStreet.com Tuesday that the end of coal for power generation could be near.
Cramer said if President Obama gets re-elected, he expects the Environmental Protection Agency will continue its assault on coal and force utilities to rely even more on cleaner, cheaper natural gas. Coal will remain popular in other countries such as India and China, Cramer noted, but here in the U.S., after decades of relying on coal for baseline power, natural gas will become the new standard.
Watch the full Cramer interview here.--Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV