The Fed's implementation of an open-ended QE3 has heightened discussions of inflation in the United States.
Bond investors on Monday bumped a key measure of inflation expectations to its highest level since 2006, according to The Financial Times, as the "break-even rate" jumped as high as 2.73%, based on the difference between nominal and inflation-protected Treasury debt.
Though soaring inflation is still a speculative call, this indicator is expected to influence the gold price over the long-term.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV