BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- Welcome to September's Biotech Stock Live Chat. The floor is yours.
It's been a while since I did one of these chats, so a review of the ground rules: I'm here for the next 90 minutes to answer your biotech-investing questions and, hopefully, spark some interactive debate on the hot topics of the day. This chat only works if you participate, so please keep the questions and comments flowing.
If you're at a loss for topics, I have some suggestions that riff off my 2012 Biotech Stock Fall Preview.With Vivus (VVUS) announcing the commercial launch of Qsymia on Monday, the weight-loss market share war with Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA) ratchets up a notch. Amarin (AMRN): NCE status, when? Vascepa launch? Takeout or partnership? Let's debate Sunesis Pharmaceuticals (SNSS) vs Cyclacel Pharmaceuticals (CYCC). Which company has the better drug for acute myeloid leukemia? Can Acadia Pharmaceuticals (ACAD) and its Parkinson's disease drug pimavanserin succeed in the current phase III trial? Can Exelixis (EXEL) or Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA) garner early FDA approval for their respective cancer drugs? Let's look ahead to see what's in store for hepatitis C drug stocks like Gilead Sciences (GILD), Idenix Pharmaceuticals (IDIX) and Vertex Pharmaceuticals (VRTX). Will Peregrine Pharmaceuticals (PPHM) sign a partner before starting the bavituximab phase III lung cancer study at year's end, as promised? Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT)! Let's talk about these stocks today, or any other biotech -investing subject that piques your interest. Please join me live. --Written by Adam Feuerstein in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Adam Feuerstein. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/adamfeuerstein. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV