ST. LOUIS, Sept. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Energizer Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ENR) today announced that its management team, working closely with independent advisors, has completed its initial assessment of the Company's cost structure and operating model undertaken to improve its cost competitiveness and deliver enhanced financial returns.
Upon completion, Energizer expects to achieve gross annualized pre-tax cost savings of $175 to $200 million. The Company expects that 70-80% of the savings will improve profitability, and the remaining portion of the savings will be reinvested to drive long-term growth. Based on its initial analysis, the Company estimates one-time charges associated with achieving these benefits to be less than 1.25 times gross annualized savings.
Energizer anticipates that modest benefits from these initiatives will begin accruing in the second half of Fiscal 2013 and that a substantial portion of the actions necessary to achieve the total savings will be completed by the end of Fiscal 2014. Upon the approval of a final plan by the Board of Directors, the Company will provide details into the timing of the savings and related costs in its fiscal year-end earnings release and conference call on November 9, 2012.
These savings are expected to be achieved by simplifying processes and substantially reducing organizational complexity and costs, including:
- Manufacturing facility rationalization, including support infrastructure, in the Household Products division;
- Reduction of the global workforce;
- Changes in Energizer's go-to-market strategies, including a streamlined international organization;
- Reduction in overhead spending; and
- Procurement savings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV