Just in time for National Cholesterol Education Month, Cheerios is bringing back the Cheerios Kid and Sue to help Baby Boomers understand how soluble fiber from whole grain oat foods, like Cheerios ® cereal, helps lower cholesterol as part of a heart healthy diet. 1
Many Boomers remember these classic characters from the 1950s and ‘60s who encouraged kids to connect the "Big G and the Little O" to get the "GO" power of Cheerios! In the vintage commercials, Sue always got into some kind of trouble and the Cheerios Kid came to her rescue after eating a bowl of Os.
Now, Boomers are grown up, but their childhood friends are coming back to help them in a new way with a mission to share how Cheerios ® cereal helps lower cholesterol as part of a heart healthy diet.
“Our research showed that many people didn’t know how the soluble fiber in oats works in our bodies to help lower cholesterol,” said Meredith Tutterow, marketing associate director, Cheerios. “We wanted to reach Boomers with this important information and knew the Cheerios Kid and Sue already had a connection with many people from their childhood. They’re the perfect teachers and Cheerios enthusiasts to take on this gross - as Sue calls it in one of the videos - yet educational challenge.”The whole grain oats in Cheerios ® cereal contain soluble fiber known as Beta Glucan. Once Cheerios is digested, beta glucan mixes with water in the stomach to form a gel that moves through the intestines and can help naturally remove cholesterol from the body. This is just one of the ways soluble fiber is thought to work to lower cholesterol in the body. Boomers have gained ground in the digital age, and the Cheerios Kid and Sue are meeting their Boomer friends online for this lesson - in places such as You Tube, Facebook and WebMD.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV