LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill., Sept. 18, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Zebra Technologies Corporation (Nasdaq:ZBRA), a recognized global leader in technologies that extend real-time visibility into business operations, today announced its participation at the SAE Aerospace Manufacturing and Automated Fastening Conference & Exhibition [booth #213]. Zebra's extensive solutions allow end users to track and manage assets to help improve operational efficiencies in the aerospace industry. At the conference, Zebra will highlight RFID and real time locating solutions (RTLS) for asset tracking and lean manufacturing through demonstrations and speaking engagements. "We're actively listening to our customers, who crave not only smarter ways to track and manage assets, but also insights that can drive better decision-making and innovation in their organizations," said Matt Seltz, Director of Sales, Zebra Technologies North America. "We are working with our valued customers in the aerospace industry to provide the right technologies and solutions that help them gain more visibility into their supply chains, and in turn, create new value from that visibility." Zebra will display its IEEE compliant Dart ultra-wideband (UWB) tag and provide a first-hand view of its value for the aerospace sector. The demonstration will illustrate how users can build a system based on the open standard of IEEE 802.15.4f to enable the use of multiple types of technology. Zebra's Dart UWB solutions help end users accurately track personnel and equipment indoors and outside at the lowest cost-of-ownership in the industry. In addition, Zebra will also showcase products and solutions including:
- Material Flow Solutions – WhereLAN III, WhereCall V, Material Flow Application & Honeywell VX8 (Zebra partner): Zebra's material replenishment application will demonstrate an efficient and lean way to move materials to a line side or production site.
- RTLS Tracking & Management – UWB Tags and Sensors, APEX Tools (Zebra partner): Zebra will demonstrate the range of its tool tracking capabilities; APEX tools will be paired with Zebra's Dart tags which will be used to control usage (e.g., when the marked tool is in a certain zone it will function and when it is removed from the zone it will cease to function).
Zebra Experts to Highlight Benefits of Asset Management and Lean Manufacturing Zebra executives will feature an extensive list of solutions and customer examples at the following speaking engagements:
- Mobile Asset Tracking – Tool & Equipment Utilization: Paul Baboian, business development manager at Zebra Technologies, will discuss the ability to track the location and status of assets across the enterprise in real time. This session is part of the Manufacturing/Materials/Structures - RFID Applications in Aerospace and will take place on September 19 at 8:00 a.m in room 202B.
- Materials Management Operations – Wireless Electronic Kan-Ban: John Fulton, product manager at Zebra Technologies, will discuss how manufacturers are currently employing electronic kan-ban and where the aerospace manufacturing industry is headed in implementing lean manufacturing processes. This session is part of the Manufacturing/Materials/Structures - Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma & Supply Chain and will take place on September 18 at 1:00 p.m in room 202B.
- Efficient Trailer Moves in the Yard via Automation: Dave Phillips, director of sales engineering for Zebra Technologies, will discuss how aerospace manufacturers are increasing efficiencies through effective yard management and helping their bottom line through lean manufacturing techniques. This session is part of the Manufacturing/Materials/Structures - Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma & Supply Chain and will take place on September 18 at 1:30 p.m in room 202B.
About Zebra Technologies A global leader respected for innovation and reliability, Zebra Technologies Corporation (Nasdaq:ZBRA) offers technologies that give a virtual voice to an organization's assets, people and transactions, enabling organizations to unlock greater business value. The company's extensive portfolio of marking and printing technologies, including RFID and real-time location solutions, illuminates mission-critical information to help customers take smarter business actions. For more information about Zebra's solutions, visit http://www.zebra.com .The Zebra Technologies Corporation logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=13815
CONTACT: Elise Spadavecchio Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide 312-397-6012 email@example.com
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts