Constellation Brands (STZ) ($32.94 vs. $31.92 on Aug. 6) - set a multiyear high at $34.20 on Sept. 7. STZ is rated a strong buy, has a so-so P/E ratio and is well above its 200-day SMA at $23.56. Employ a "buy and trade" strategy between the value level and risky level.
Whole Foods Market (WFM) ($97.62 vs $94.60 on August 6) set a multiyear high at $99.60 on Sept. 14. WFM is rated a Buy, has an extremely elevated P/E ratio and is well above its 200-day SMA at $84.92. Employ a "buy and trade" strategy between the value level and risky level.
Wal-Mart Stores (WMT) ($73.99 vs $74.55 on Aug. 6) set a multiyear high at $75.24 on July 30. WMT is rated a strong buy, has a so-so P/E ratio and is well above its 200-day SMA at $64.50. Consider selling strength to the multiyear high at $75.24, then employ a GTC limit order to buy weakness to my monthly value level at $72.62.
All eight of the stocks profiled today are overvalued fundamentally with overbought weekly chart profiles. All eight have traded higher by 11.3% (PG) to 72.1% (STZ) over the past 12 months, have P/E ratios between 14.4 (CCE) and 39.7 (WFM). In my judgment, when these stocks turn lower, the risk is to the 200-day simple moving averages.At the time of publication, Suttmeier held no positions in securities mentioned. This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV