Mason Capital Management LLC ("Mason") today announced that the Chief Justice of the British Columbia Court of Appeal has directed that the appeal of Mason and CDS & Co., the registered holder of Mason's voting shares in TELUS Corporation (TSX:T; TSX:T.A; NYSE: TU) ("TELUS"), of the recent decision by the Supreme Court of British Columbia invalidating actions by CDS to call a general meeting of TELUS be heard on an expedited basis. The appeal is scheduled to be heard on October 4, 2012, so that this important matter may be decided prior to the October 17 meeting of TELUS shareholders.
Mason believes it has strong grounds of appeal, and that it is critical that the owners of the TELUS voting shares have the opportunity to vote on a binding change to TELUS’ articles that would establish an appropriate minimum premium for voting shares in a dual class collapse transaction.
Mason Capital Management is an investment manager based in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV