Mason Capital Management LLC ("Mason") today announced that the Chief Justice of the British Columbia Court of Appeal has directed that the appeal of Mason and CDS & Co., the registered holder of Mason's voting shares in TELUS Corporation (TSX:T; TSX:T.A; NYSE: TU) ("TELUS"), of the recent decision by the Supreme Court of British Columbia invalidating actions by CDS to call a general meeting of TELUS be heard on an expedited basis. The appeal is scheduled to be heard on October 4, 2012, so that this important matter may be decided prior to the October 17 meeting of TELUS shareholders.
Mason believes it has strong grounds of appeal, and that it is critical that the owners of the TELUS voting shares have the opportunity to vote on a binding change to TELUS’ articles that would establish an appropriate minimum premium for voting shares in a dual class collapse transaction.
Mason Capital Management is an investment manager based in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV