SALESFORCE.COM DREAMFORCE – Luxury modern furniture retailer, Design Within Reach, faced a corporate relocation that would geographically disperse the IT group and its physical assets. The company saw an opportunity to re-think its IT, replacing many of its hardware assets with state-of-the-art cloud infrastructure.
“We were looking for something that could be up and running before the move so we wouldn’t have any downtime,” said Alec Davis, senior system analyst at Design Within Reach. “At Dreamforce 2010, Remedyforce was announced. I was really excited about the product. I was familiar with BMC’s previous tools, so we jumped to it.”
Davis added, “We are big on change management, but we were just using fancy Microsoft Word documents to get approvals. We liked the idea of a change management capability in Remedyforce and having the improved approval process.”The Challenge Design Within Reach needed to reduce its reliance on hardware, manage incidents with a geographically dispersed IT group and implement a more sophisticated change management process. The Solution The company implemented BMC’s Remedyforce Service Desk solution to shift from on-site hardware to a cloud solution. Benefits BMC provided Design Within Reach with web-based access to incident management, and made change management more efficient. The company experienced a number of benefits by implementing BMC’s cloud solution, including:
- Elimination of all hardware management related to help desk functions via a cloud solution
- Flexibility to interact with incidents without the need for a virtual private network (VPN)
- Enhanced collaboration with national sales force via mobile capabilities
- Improved change management processes
- Ability to identify patterns and issues requiring attention through detailed reporting
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV