SALESFORCE.COM DREAMFORCE – Luxury modern furniture retailer, Design Within Reach, faced a corporate relocation that would geographically disperse the IT group and its physical assets. The company saw an opportunity to re-think its IT, replacing many of its hardware assets with state-of-the-art cloud infrastructure.
“We were looking for something that could be up and running before the move so we wouldn’t have any downtime,” said Alec Davis, senior system analyst at Design Within Reach. “At Dreamforce 2010, Remedyforce was announced. I was really excited about the product. I was familiar with BMC’s previous tools, so we jumped to it.”
Davis added, “We are big on change management, but we were just using fancy Microsoft Word documents to get approvals. We liked the idea of a change management capability in Remedyforce and having the improved approval process.”The Challenge Design Within Reach needed to reduce its reliance on hardware, manage incidents with a geographically dispersed IT group and implement a more sophisticated change management process. The Solution The company implemented BMC’s Remedyforce Service Desk solution to shift from on-site hardware to a cloud solution. Benefits BMC provided Design Within Reach with web-based access to incident management, and made change management more efficient. The company experienced a number of benefits by implementing BMC’s cloud solution, including:
- Elimination of all hardware management related to help desk functions via a cloud solution
- Flexibility to interact with incidents without the need for a virtual private network (VPN)
- Enhanced collaboration with national sales force via mobile capabilities
- Improved change management processes
- Ability to identify patterns and issues requiring attention through detailed reporting