– Luxury modern furniture retailer, Design Within Reach, faced a corporate relocation that would geographically disperse the IT group and its physical assets. The company saw an opportunity to re-think its IT, replacing many of its hardware assets with state-of-the-art cloud infrastructure.
The company selected the BMC
Remedyforce Service Desk
solution from BMC Software (NASDAQ:
“We were looking for something that could be up and running before the move so we wouldn’t have any downtime,” said Alec Davis, senior system analyst at Design Within Reach. “At Dreamforce 2010, Remedyforce was announced. I was really excited about the product. I was familiar with BMC’s previous tools, so we jumped to it.”
Davis added, “We are big on change management, but we were just using fancy Microsoft Word documents to get approvals. We liked the idea of a change management capability in Remedyforce and having the improved approval process.”
Design Within Reach needed to reduce its reliance on hardware, manage incidents with a geographically dispersed IT group and implement a more sophisticated change management process.
The company implemented BMC’s Remedyforce Service Desk solution to shift from on-site hardware to a cloud solution.
BMC provided Design Within Reach with web-based access to incident management, and made change management more efficient. The company experienced a number of benefits by implementing BMC’s cloud solution, including:
At Dreamforce 2012
- Elimination of all hardware management related to help desk functions via a cloud solution
- Flexibility to interact with incidents without the need for a virtual private network (VPN)
- Enhanced collaboration with national sales force via mobile capabilities
- Improved change management processes
- Ability to identify patterns and issues requiring attention through detailed reporting
BMC will offer a preview of new product features to its Remedyforce Service Desk solution at
. New product features include major integrations with asset management features found in
to help IT help desk technicians resolve end-user issues faster. New release management features to existing ITIL processes allow IT organizations greater visibility and control to manage multiple changes and tasks to enterprise-wide application updates for customers. Finally, over 50 customer-suggested enhancements focused on reducing time to value and improving overall end-user satisfaction have been added to the new release of Remedyforce.
The new features are expected to be available for customers later this calendar year, in the November timeframe.