Comverge Lights Up Business Performance With BMC Remedyforce
For intelligent energy management solutions provider Comverge, cutting costs and increasing efficiencies across its IT functions were important goals. The organization realized an opportunity to lower costs while enabling more efficient IT processes by replacing its existing IT service desk application with a more modern cloud based solution.
“The [cost structure] of the solution we previously had actually charged 'per user',” said Danielle Bailey, Comverge IT Manager. “As we grew, that expense continued to grow, even though it wasn’t providing us the same ROI per person. One of the reasons we went with Remedyforce is that we wanted to be able to reduce that cost.”
Bailey added, “Because Remedyforce is web-based, everybody can access it. It’s great. The end-users say that Remedyforce is a lot easier for them to use and to share with others. We have been able to show where IT is actually starting to save money by increasing efficiency and productivity.”The Challenge In efforts to cut IT expenses while improving efficiency, Comverge needed a cost-effective service desk solution that would support new processes and enable superior communications at all levels of the organization. The Solution Comverge chose BMC to reduce costs, improve efficiency, and enable better collaboration among service technicians and with upper management. BMC also provided better change management controls, allowing Comverge to more easily comply with industry regulations. Benefits BMC’s cloud-based solution offered Comverge improved mobile capabilities and change management tracking. It also provided robust collaboration among peers to help them resolve problems faster and improved communication with senior executives. Comverge has experienced a number of additional benefits by implementing the Remedyforce product, including:
- Reduction of IT support costs by $50,000 annually through improved software cost structure to a subscription model versus a license model
- Increased efficiency for field technicians through the use of mobile apps for ticket logging
- Improved reporting and communication with senior managers related to incidents and ongoing resource needs
- Enhanced Sarbanes-Oxley compliance related to improved change management tracking and workflows
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV