“Hershey employees built this dynamic business during the first century of chocolate making in Hershey starting in 1905. Today, we honor each of those individuals and our history and applaud those who designed, built and operate our Factory of the Future. They continue to produce the finest chocolate confectionery right here in Hershey, Pa., where it all began. Together, we are securing the next century of growth for this iconic company.”
As a major employer in the state, the West Hershey plant is expected to contribute more than $1 billion to the economy of Pennsylvania over the next five years through supplier contracts, payroll and related spending.
Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett commented, “I am working as Governor to ensure there is a job for every Pennsylvanian that wants one and an educated Pennsylvanian for every one of those jobs. I am proud the Commonwealth was able to partner with Hershey as they grow, evolve, create jobs, train great employees and continue their commitment to Pennsylvania’s prosperity.”
Investing in Pennsylvania to Grow GloballyThe new 340,000 sq. ft. expansion at West Hershey is located less than two miles from the company’s original chocolate factory opened in 1905 by Milton Hershey. Key features include:
- the latest manufacturing technology and proprietary candy manufacturing equipment that speeds production, delivers consistent high quality and provides the opportunity to produce new products in the future.
- high-speed, high-tech new production lines with the capacity to support Hershey’s growing business now and well into the future. This includes the most technologically advanced, automated chocolate syrup production lines in the world.
- new Hershey’s Kisses Chocolate lines that can produce more than 70 million Hershey’s Kisses Chocolates per day
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts