In addition, there are three steps that drivers should consider for their driving wellness:
1. Be a healthy driver - get regular physicals and annual eye exams, consider the side effects of medications, and exercise regularly.
2. Keep learning - take a driver safety course such as the one offered through AARP Driver Safety.
3. Adjust to changes in driving skills - be aware of normal age-related changes and make appropriate adjustments to driving.For a more detailed list of the top ten technologies, free guidebooks, practical tools and an informational video, visit www.thehartford.com/lifetime and www.youtube.com/thehartford. The Hartford and MIT AgeLab identified a list of experts who did not work directly for an auto company, manufacturer or supplier, but were professionals who have expertise with older drivers, auto technologies and/or human factors. The panel of seven experts was asked to complete questionnaires in order to identify the top ten technologies with benefits for older drivers, and the advantages and disadvantages to each. About The Hartford The Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. (NYSE: HIG) is a leading provider of insurance and wealth management services for millions of consumers and businesses worldwide. The Hartford is consistently recognized for its superior service, its sustainability efforts and as one of the world's most ethical companies. More information on the company and its financial performance is available at www.thehartford.com. Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheHartford. Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TheHartford. About MIT AgeLab The Massachusetts Institute of Technology AgeLab is a global research program based within MIT's Engineering Systems Division and Center for Transportation & Logistics. The AgeLab conducts research on technology, behavior and innovation to improve the quality of life of older adults and those who care for them. More about AgeLab's research in transportation, health and wellness, and longevity planning is available at http://agelab.mit.edu. HIG-N
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV