Traders focused on the October 10 calls, which changed hands more than 2,800 times for 35 cents against open interest of 308 contracts, according to OptionMonster's tracking programs. The name is rarely on our systems, so that volume really stood out.
Calls lock in the price in investors must pay to buy shares, so they can deliver some nice leverage in the event of a rally. But if the stock doesn't move, those options will lose most or all of their value.
CNO shares rose 0.5% Monday to close at $10.05, trading at their highest level in about four years. The insurance company has been climbing after announcing a recapitalization plan that could boost earnings. FBR Capital Markets also wrote in a research note not long ago that "CNO is a compelling value play in our opinion with an in-progress capital management story."About 3,000 CNO calls traded Monday versus just 125 puts, a reflection of the session's bullish sentiment. Total option volume was six times greater than average. Najarian has no positions in CNO.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV