HANNOVER, Germany, Sept. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Meritor, Inc. (NYSE: MTOR) today introduced the next generation of its top-selling European axle, the 17X system, at the IAA Hannover Commercial Vehicle Show.
Designed and engineered to be the industry's lightest axle system in the 13-ton class, the new 17X light has been updated in all areas – axle housing, carrier and brake integration to optimize axle efficiency.
"The 17X light is a perfect example of Meritor's focus on product innovations that leads to fuel savings, performance efficiency and environmental friendliness," said Steve Gudgel, managing director, Truck Axles, Europe, Meritor. "This new axle bundles several leading technologies in one axle system to provide customers with superior performance, efficiency and reliability."
Some of the improvements include:
- New axle housing is 20 percent lighter
- Axle bowl optimized for more efficient oil flow
- New torque plate design gives customers a choice of radial or axial brake mounting
- Differential lock cover uses a light alloy providing a 70 percent weight reduction
- Improved ratios, including the two fastest: 2.31 and 2.47, meet the upcoming emission regulations
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV