HANNOVER, Germany, Sept. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Meritor, Inc. (NYSE: MTOR) today introduced the next generation of its top-selling European axle, the 17X system, at the IAA Hannover Commercial Vehicle Show.
Designed and engineered to be the industry's lightest axle system in the 13-ton class, the new 17X light has been updated in all areas – axle housing, carrier and brake integration to optimize axle efficiency.
"The 17X light is a perfect example of Meritor's focus on product innovations that leads to fuel savings, performance efficiency and environmental friendliness," said Steve Gudgel, managing director, Truck Axles, Europe, Meritor. "This new axle bundles several leading technologies in one axle system to provide customers with superior performance, efficiency and reliability."
Some of the improvements include:
- New axle housing is 20 percent lighter
- Axle bowl optimized for more efficient oil flow
- New torque plate design gives customers a choice of radial or axial brake mounting
- Differential lock cover uses a light alloy providing a 70 percent weight reduction
- Improved ratios, including the two fastest: 2.31 and 2.47, meet the upcoming emission regulations
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV