HANNOVER, Germany, Sept. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Meritor, Inc. (NYSE: MTOR) today introduced two additions to the top-selling European disc brake family – the ELSA 225H and ELSA 225L – at the IAA Hannover Commercial Vehicle Show. The optimized ELSA 225H offers interchangeability with industry standard brakes and the additional benefit of performance upgraded to 30kNm at a lighter weight. The new ELSA 225L is designed to be a lighter weight alternative product for 25kNm applications.
Additionally, Meritor announced improvements to the existing ELSA family. The extended family of brakes broadens Meritor's ability to offer more optimized products for every vocation. The evolution of field-proven ELSA brakes now offers additional benefits including:
- Lighter weight than previous models that led the segment
- ELSA 225H weighs 37kg including pads
- ELSA 225L weighs 34kg including pads
- High stiffness structure for low air consumption
- Improved life and durability for lower total cost of ownership
- Increased performance with torque ratings up to 30 kNm
- Greater range of air chamber installation angles
- Standard, globalized design and production specifications to assure consistent product quality at all localized manufacturing locations
Meritor's European brake team, based in Cwmbran, Wales, put the brakes through a rigorous testing program in the German Alps this year. Trucks from all major European OEMs were driven for two weeks in difficult environments. The performance of the brakes were measured as part of the validation.
"Our brakes performed extremely well in a variety of conditions and met the expectations of our customers," said Dietmar Knoop, director, Engineering, Europe, Meritor. A video of the testing can be seen by this year's attendees at Meritor's IAA booth.The test route descended more than 1,000 meters with minimum engine braking, pushing rotor temperatures beyond 950 degrees Celsius. Several combinations of rotor and pad were used and each descent was completed safely under all conditions
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV