SACRAMENTO, Calif., Sept. 17, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Aerojet, a GenCorp (NYSE:GY) company, and Daicel, a Japanese defense corporation, marked 50 years of partnership today with the planting of a cherry blossom tree at Aerojet's headquarters in Sacramento.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=14715
Aerojet first teamed with Daicel in 1962 on a technology transfer and a licensing agreement for Aeroplex, a styrene-based propellant used in Aerojet's Jet-Assisted Take-Off (JATO) rockets. JATO rockets led to increased pilot safety by enabling heavily laden aircraft to take off from short runways and carrier decks."As a Japanese symbol of good luck and representation of life and vitality, the cherry blossom we plant today is a reminder of the friendship and partnership between our two companies," said Aerojet Vice President of Missile Defense & Strategic Systems, Michael Bright. "Today, we honor our past, commemorate the present and look forward to a bright future with Japan." Throughout the past 50 years, Aerojet and Daicel have teamed on a variety of technology transfer programs, including HAWK, NIKE warhead, AIM-73 Sparrow rocket motor, MAXPAC ejection seat thrusters and PAC-3 attitude control motors. Along with defense work, Aerojet's history with Japan also encompasses many successes with space exploration initiatives, including providing propulsion for Japan's H-II Transfer Vehicle that resupplies the International Space Station.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV