NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The recent phenomenon known as mobile payments has caused me to start looking at some possible casualties in that all-important process known as the business transaction.
There are several factors at play, not the least of which is speed and that thing known as "convenience," which customers always appreciate.
In assessing the future of how consumers shop and pay for their products, it has inspired me to look at the current state of not only cash and checks, but credit card companies MasterCard (MA) and Visa (V).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV