"Seifert has informed the company of his decision to resign as senior vice president and chief financial officer to pursue other opportunities," explained AMD, in a statement released after market close on Monday. "Seifert's departure is not based on any disagreement over the Company's accounting principles or practices, or financial statement disclosures," it added.
The Sunnyvale, Calif.-based firm did not reveal where Seifert is heading.
Shares of the Intel (INTC) rival plunged 10.47% to $3.59 following the announcement with after-hours volume exceeding 1.5 million."We thank Thomas for his many contributions to AMD and for serving as interim CEO in 2011," explained AMD Chief Executive Officer Rory Read, in the statement. "Thomas' personal commitment to the highest standards of accountability and financial integrity has helped define how AMD does business today." Devinder Kumar, AMD's senior vice president and corporate controller, will serve as the company's interim CFO while a search begins for Seifert's replacement. Seifert will remain at the company until Sept. 28 to assist with the transition to the interim CFO. Shares of AMD, which recently lowered its third-quarter revenue outlook, are down more than 25% this year. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV