Rent-A-Center today donated $20,000 to Los Angeles Regional Food Bank. The donation comes on the heels of a recent donation of 12 refrigerators earmarked for partner agencies of the food bank.
The Los Angeles-based food bank is one of eleven across the nation sharing in $250,000 worth of Rent-A-Center funding for hunger relief this year.
The donation is in addition to the grassroots hunger-relief campaign being staged across Rent-A-Center’s 3000-plus U.S. stores throughout September. Dubbed "Soup to Nuts" and in support of Hunger Action Month, this virtual food drive leverages Rent-A-Center stores as collection points for cash donations. The donated funds will be distributed to food banks across the country at the conclusion of the month-long campaign.
"We are thankful for the continuing support and commitment received from Rent-A-Center," said Michael Flood, president and CEO of Los Angeles Regional Food Bank."In challenging economic times, it is especially gratifying to support the communities we serve," said Mitch Fadel, president and COO of Rent-A-Center and a board member of the North Texas Food Bank. Rent-A-Center (NASDAQ: RCII), headquartered in Plano, Texas, operates more than 3,000 stores in the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada and Mexico. The Company employs over 18,900 coworkers. Learn more at www.rentacenter.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV