TJX Companies (TJX)
Background: The TJX Companies is the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide. The company operates T.J. Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods stores in the U.S. The company was founded in 1956 and trades an average of 4.5 million shares per day with a marketcap of $34.5 billion.
52-Week High: $46.67Secrets of Retail Winners by Jim Cramer includes TJX. TJX is building a strong base to move higher from. Combining the strong bullish trends of the 60- and 200-day moving averages along with the consistent upward trend of the share price strongly suggests the next leg higher will trade in the $50 price window. Currently, TJX has 13 buy recommendations out of 22 analysts, and the average target price for TJX is $47.30. The trailing 12-month price-to-earnings ratio is 20.6, which is just slightly above my comfort level of 20. The forward expectations are almost equally as bullish. The mean fiscal year estimate price-to-earnings ratio is 18.9, based on earnings of $2.47 per share this year. Investors are receiving 46 cents in dividends for a yield of 1%. Over the last five years, the dividend has expanded quickly by an average of 21.7% per year. The dividend appears about as safe as a clothes retailer's dividend can. The payout is under 25% and expected to stay low. Even without the nice trend, TJX is attractive in my opinion based on the current and expected dividend yield. Yes, I know 1% is far from a "high payer," however, the rate of dividend growth and low payout rate suggests a bargain.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV