Holly Corp (HFC)
Background: Holly is engaged in refining petroleum. It produces and markets gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, asphalt, heavy products and specialty lubricant products. The company was founded in 1947 and is based in Dallas, Texas. Holly Corp trades an average of 2.5 million shares per day with a marketcap of $8 billion.
52-Week High: $40.87Holly isn't just making new 52 week highs; the company is making multiyear highs. I went back to 1993 and couldn't find a close above Friday's so as far as I am concerned, this is an all-time high for the company. Cramer's 6 Stocks in 60 Seconds includes HFC The trend is your friend with Holly. All the major moving averages are bullish and the pace is reasonable. The earnings expected should allow Holly to continue the path higher. The mean fiscal-year estimate price-to-earnings ratio is 5.9, based on earnings of $6.69 per share this year. The average analyst target price for HFC is $46.30. An earnings multiple as low as Holly's is often is a red flag that investors expect a drop in revenue and or earnings. Holly is the exception to the rule. Shareholders receive 60 cents annually in dividends, with an effective yield of about 1.5%. Currently, the short interest based on the float is small and not a big concern at 2.3%. The low short interest is another reason why I expect Holly to continue higher. Please note that I would like to see a pullback before entering into a position. Ideally, a price of about $41 even a share satisfies my hesitation to chase a stock higher.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV