Colgate-Palmolive (CL) is a consumer products company whose products are marketed in over 200 countries and territories worldwide. This stock is trading up 1.2% at $104.97 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1.5 million
Average Volume: 1.8 millionVolume % Change: 50% >>5 Consumer Stocks Hedge Funds Love From a technical perspective, CL is moving modestly higher here with decent volume. This move has started to push CL within range of its 50-day moving average of $105.15. At last check, CL has hit an intraday high of $105.47 and volume is very close to eclipsing its three-month average action of 1.8 million shares. Traders should now look for long-biased traders in CL as long as it's trending close to or above its 50-day moving average of $105.15 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 1,756,190 shares as bullish. If CL can hold a trend above its 50-day, then it will have a great chance of re-testing or taking out its next major overhead resistance levels at $108 to $109.84. On the flip side, I would avoid CL or look for short-biased trades if it fails to hold a trend above its 50-day, and then takes out some major near-term support at $102.50 with strong volume. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV