Tesla Motors (TSLA) designs, develops, manufactures and sells electric vehicles and advanced electric vehicle powertrain components. This stock is trading up 4.9% at $31.88 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1.8 million
Average Volume: 1.3 millionVolume % Change: 171% Shares of TSLA are moving sharply higher today after Morgan Stanley upgraded the stock to an overweight rating from an underweight rating, and raised its price target to $50 from $45. >>Stocks With Recent Analyst Upgrades From a technical perspective, TSLA is gapping up strong here back above its 200-day moving average of $31.05 and above some near-term overhead resistance at $31.30 with above-average volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in TSLA as long as it can maintain its trend above its 200-day at $31.05 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 1.3 million shares as bullish. If TSLA can hold that trend, then this stock has a great chance of re-testing or taking out its next major overhead resistance level at $36.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV