Clovis Oncology (CLVS) is a biopharmaceutical company focused on acquiring, developing and commercializing anti-cancer agents in the U.S., Europe and additional international markets. This stock is trading up 2.6% at $21.15 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 52,000Average Volume: 74,313 Volume % Change: 50% >>22 Biopharma Stocks With Breakout Potential in 2012 From a technical perspective, CLVS is bouncing modestly here right off its 50-day moving average of $18.32 with decent volume. This move is quickly pushing CLVS within range of a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once CLVS takes out some near-term overhead resistance at $21.40 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in CLVS as long as its trending above its 50-day, and then once it sustains a move or close above $21.40 with volume that's near or above 74,313 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then CLVS will have a great chance of re-testing or possibly taking out its next major overhead resistance level at $23.42.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV