We strongly believe the interests of stockholders should be better protected by greater independent representation on the Board. Accordingly, we are pleased to announce that we have nominated Professor Jonathan R. Macey and Mr. Fredric G. Reynolds, two highly qualified nominees (the " Nominees"), for election at the Company's 2012 annual meeting of stockholders.
- Professor Macey has enjoyed a long and distinguished career as a professor of law with a focus on corporate law, corporate governance, securities law and finance. Professor Macey has for more than the last five years been the Sam Harris Professor of Corporate Law, Corporate Finance and Securities Law at Yale Law School, and a professor in the Yale School of Management. Mr. Macey has served on a number of boards of directors, including the board of WCI Communities, Inc., a fully integrated homebuilding and real estate services company, from August 2007 to November 2009, where he was a member of the audit committee and the nominating and corporate governance committee.
- Mr. Reynolds has enjoyed a long career in the consumer products industry and as chief financial officer of large U.S. public companies. Mr. Reynolds served as Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of CBS Corporation, a mass media company, from January 2006 until his retirement in August 2009. Mr. Reynolds currently serves on the boards of two large public companies, Kraft Foods, Inc., where he has been a director since 2007 and currently serves as chair of the audit committee and member of the finance committee, and AOL, Inc., where he has been a director since 2009 and currently serves as lead director and as a member of the audit, finance, and nominating and governance committees and chair of the executive committee.
Each of the Nominees is independent from (i) the Universal Group and its affiliates and (ii) the Company and its affiliates. We have nominated these candidates to strengthen the Board and to provide strong, independent directors to help lead the Company and drive its business goals. We believe that the addition of these independent, highly credentialed and experienced directors is essential to enhancing the Company's corporate governance and future success. We believe the Nominees would be deemed independent under NASDAQ's listing standards.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV