9 Dow Dividend Stocks Get an A+ Buy-Rating
Dividend Yield: 3.85%
Merck's gross profit margin for the second quarter of its fiscal year 2012 is essentially unchanged when compared to the same period a year ago. Even though sales increased, the net income has decreased. Merck has strong liquidity. Currently, the Quick Ratio is 1.51 which shows the ability to cover short-term cash needs. The company's liquidity has increased from the same period last year, indicating improving cash flow.
During the same period, stockholders' equity ("net worth") has remained unchanged from the same quarter last year. The key liquidity measurements indicate that the company is unlikely to face financial difficulties in the near future.The current P/E ratio indicates a discount compared to an average of 21.78 for the Pharmaceuticals industry and a premium compared to the S&P 500 average of 16.49. To use another comparison, its price-to-book ratio of 2.46 indicates valuation on par with the S&P 500 average of 2.28 and a significant discount versus the industry average of 5.54. The price-to-sales ratio is well above the S&P 500 average, but well below the industry average. Upon assessment of these and other key valuation criteria, Merck proves to trade at a discount to investment alternatives within the industry.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV