Dividend Yield: 2.91%
Kraft's gross profit margin for the second quarter of its fiscal year 2012 is essentially unchanged when compared to the same period a year ago. Even though sales decreased, the net income has increased, representing an increase to the bottom line. Kraft has weak liquidity. Currently, the Quick Ratio is 0.70 which shows a lack of ability to cover short-term cash needs. The company's liquidity has increased from the same period last year, indicating improving cash flow.
During the same period, stockholders' equity ("net worth") has decreased by 7.32% from the same quarter last year. Overall, the key liquidity measurements indicate that the company is in a position in which financial difficulties could develop in the future.The current P/E ratio indicates a discount compared to an average of 23.19 for the Food Products industry and a premium compared to the S&P 500 average of 16.49. To use another comparison, its price-to-book ratio of 1.97 indicates a discount versus the S&P 500 average of 2.28 and a significant discount versus the industry average of 3.67. The current price-to-sales ratio is similar to the S&P 500 average, but it is below the industry average, indicating a discount. Upon assessment of these and other key valuation criteria, Kraft proves to trade at a discount to investment alternatives within the industry.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV