International Business Machines
Dividend Yield: 1.64%
IBM's gross profit margin for the second quarter of its fiscal year 2012 is essentially unchanged when compared to the same period a year ago. Even though sales decreased, the net income has increased, representing an increase to the bottom line. IBM has weak liquidity. Currently, the Quick Ratio is 0.98 which shows a lack of ability to cover short-term cash needs. The company's liquidity has increased from the same period last year, indicating improving cash flow.
During the same period, stockholders' equity ("net worth") has decreased by 11.48% from the same quarter last year. Overall, the key liquidity measurements indicate that the company is in a position in which financial difficulties could develop in the future.The current P/E ratio indicates a significant discount compared to an average of 25.56 for the IT Services industry and a value on par with the S&P 500 average of 16.49. For additional comparison, its price-to-book ratio of 11.52 indicates a significant premium versus the S&P 500 average of 2.28 and a significant premium versus the industry average of 7.96. The price-to-sales ratio is well above the S&P 500 average, but well below the industry average. The valuation analysis reveals that, IBM seems to be trading at a discount to investment alternatives within the industry.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV