Dividend Yield: 3.29%
DuPont's gross profit margin for the second quarter of its fiscal year 2012 is essentially unchanged when compared to the same period a year ago. Even though sales increased, the net income has decreased. DuPont has average liquidity. Currently, the Quick Ratio is 1.05 which shows that technically this company has the ability to cover short-term cash needs. The company's liquidity has decreased from the same period last year, indicating deteriorating cash flow.
During the same period, stockholders' equity ("net worth") has decreased by 12.32% from the same quarter last year. Together, the key liquidity measurements indicate that it is relatively unlikely that the company will face financial difficulties in the near future.This stock's P/E ratio indicates a discount compared to an average of 20.12 for the Chemicals industry and a discount compared to the S&P 500 average of 16.49. Conducting a second comparison, its price-to-book ratio of 4.51 indicates a significant premium versus the S&P 500 average of 2.28 and a premium versus the industry average of 3.95. The price-to-sales ratio is below the S&P 500 average and is well below the industry average, indicating a discount. The valuation analysis reveals that, DuPont seems to be trading at a discount to investment alternatives within the industry.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV