Dividend Yield: 1.35%
American Express' gross profit margin for the second quarter of its fiscal year 2012 has increased when compared to the same period a year ago. The company has grown its sales and net income during the past quarter when compared with the same quarter a year ago, and although its growth in net income has outpaced the industry average, its revenue growth has not.
During the same period, stockholders' equity ("net worth") has increased by 5.83% from the same quarter last year.This stock's P/E ratio indicates a premium compared to an average of 11.89 for the Consumer Finance industry and a discount compared to the S&P 500 average of 16.49. For additional comparison, its price-to-book ratio of 3.49 indicates a premium versus the S&P 500 average of 2.28 and a premium versus the industry average of 2.50. The current price-to-sales ratio is well above the S&P 500 average and above the industry average, indicating a premium. Upon assessment of these and other key valuation criteria, American Express proves to trade at a premium to investment alternatives within the industry.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV