NEW YORK (AP) â¿¿ Shares of Globe Specialty Metals fell more than 6 percent on Monday after an analyst downgraded the silicon alloy maker, saying its stock price has risen to fair value.
THE SPARK: Ian Corydon of B. Riley & Co. lowered Globe Specialty Metals to "Neutral" from "Buy."
THE ANALYSIS: Corydon says that Globe Specialty Metals Inc. is currently trading slightly above his $16.75 price target. The shares closed at $17.04 on Friday.
"While Globe Specialty Metals has a lot going for it, silicon metal prices remain lackluster and negotiations for 2013 supply contracts will begin in earnest in the October through December timeframe," he wrote in a client note.SHARE ACTION: Globe Specialty Metals' stock dropped $1.15, or 6.8 percent, to $15.89 in afternoon trading. The shares have traded between $11.41 and $18.40 over the past year and are up 23 percent for the year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV