NEW YORK (AP) â¿¿ Shares of Globe Specialty Metals fell more than 6 percent on Monday after an analyst downgraded the silicon alloy maker, saying its stock price has risen to fair value.
THE SPARK: Ian Corydon of B. Riley & Co. lowered Globe Specialty Metals to "Neutral" from "Buy."
THE ANALYSIS: Corydon says that Globe Specialty Metals Inc. is currently trading slightly above his $16.75 price target. The shares closed at $17.04 on Friday.
"While Globe Specialty Metals has a lot going for it, silicon metal prices remain lackluster and negotiations for 2013 supply contracts will begin in earnest in the October through December timeframe," he wrote in a client note.SHARE ACTION: Globe Specialty Metals' stock dropped $1.15, or 6.8 percent, to $15.89 in afternoon trading. The shares have traded between $11.41 and $18.40 over the past year and are up 23 percent for the year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV