Gap Inc. (GPS) today named Rebekka Bay as Creative Director and Executive Vice President for Gap Global Design, effective October 1. She will be responsible for product sold online and in the nearly 1,600 stores in 42 countries in which Gap operates.
A critically-acclaimed designer, Bay conceptualized, developed and launched the COS brand, part of the Hennes & Mauritz company. Rebekka spent five years as creative director at COS, starting in 2006, a brand which is now successful across Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Since 2011, she has served as creative director at Bruuns Bazaar, overseeing the design of women’s and men’s apparel.
“We’ve taken the time to identify the right creative leader for Gap and we’ve found that in Rebekka,” said Stephen Sunnucks, president, Gap Inc. international. “We’re confident that Rebekka’s approach to design along with her considerable international experience will allow her to help us build upon the momentum we’re delivering in the business today.”
Art Peck, president of the brand’s North American division, added, “Over the past 17 years, a passion for design and a deep understanding of what consumers want have driven Rebekka Bay’s thriving career. Her designs are timeless and covetable.”Bay will be responsible for Women’s, Men’s, 1969, Accessories and Body lines for customers worldwide. She will report to Gap North America President Art Peck and Gap International President Stephen Sunnucks. “Few brands in the world have the connection with customers that Gap enjoys today,” Bay said. “I’m incredibly excited to join this talented team and bring Gap’s American casual style to more and more customers.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV