10 DIY Projects for Empty Nesters
Finally, instead of purchasing some new artwork for your home, consider creating a memory wall to bring back some of the memories of when your children were younger.
Joanne Cleaver, who writes the "Money Mondays " blog for Bobvila.com, shares these steps for the perfect memory wall.
Once you have settled on a pleasing arrangement, mark on the paper the point for the nail for each frame. Now, center and level the paper on the wall in the bedroom.
--By Scott GammGamm is the founder of the personal finance website HelpSaveMyDollars.com. He has appeared on NBC's TODAY, MSNBC and CNN. Follow Scott on Facebook and Twitter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV