10 DIY Projects for Empty Nesters
Sean Murphy, DIY specialist for Build.com provides these steps for installing a ceiling fan:
Putting it together on the ground and hanging it as one unit is much easier than trying to attach the fan blades when the motor housing is hanging from the ceiling. And ceiling fans can vary greatly by manufacturer, so be sure to follow the manufacturer's installation instructions in order.
Once your new ceiling fan is installed, you'll either have a hand-held remote or a wall-mount control. If you have a wall-mount control, all you'll need to do is connect the wires from the switch and the remote according to color.
Adding banquette seating (built in seats, similar to window seats) to your kitchen table area is a relatively inexpensive renovation that's bound to transform the kitchen.
Once you've built your new banquette seating, you're going to want to add decorative seat cushions -- and Semerjian tell us how to install the cushions:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV