JEWEL-OSCO, a leading Midwest food and drug retailer, will celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month with its 5th Annual “Sabor de la Herencia Hispana” signature VIP reception from 6-9 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 27, at the National Museum of Mexican Art, 1852 W. 19 th Street, in Chicago. The program also includes a series of fun in-store culinary events that showcase dishes prepared by culinary students from St. Augustine College and offer customers the opportunity to win prizes.
"We are proud to observe Hispanic Heritage Month with events that celebrate the culture and traditions of the Latino community," said JEWEL-OSCO President Brian Huff. "Sabor de la Herencia Hispana was designed to honor the Hispanic vendors whose products we carry on our shelves, as well as to support the culinary talents of Hispanic youth and recognize the exceptional contributions of this vibrant community."
Highlights of this year’s reception include:
- A presentation of $20,000 in grants to local organizations that are being recognized for their efforts and commitment to enriching the Hispanic communities they serve. The four charitable contributions are being awarded to St. Pius Church–community kitchen, San José Obrero Mission, the United Neighborhood Organization, and St. Augustine College.
- A special celebrity appearance by Puerto Rican actress, model and TV Host, Adamari Lopez, who will speak about her battle against breast cancer and how she has teamed up with Yoplait’s Save Lids to Save Live tour in efforts to help Latina women understand the importance of early detection. She will also announce the locations of two JEWEL-OSCO stores she will visit on Sept. 28 and Sept. 29.
- An array of exclusive dishes developed by culinary students from Chicago’s St. Augustine College, showcasing the unique flavors and richness of Latin cuisine. The students will put their creativity and imagination to the test, and prepare signature Latin-American recipes that incorporate an array of Hispanic vendor products.
In addition to the reception, JEWEL-OSCO is celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month with a series of eight in-store culinary events that will feature authentic Latin-American recipes prepared by St. Augustine chefs and culinary students, valuable prizes and fun for the entire family. The events will take place from 12-4 p.m. at the following locations:
|9/15||5320 S. Pulaski, Chicago||9/29||
7122 W. 40 th, Stickney
|9/16||3644 S. Archer, Chicago||9/30||20 S. Weber, Romeoville|
|9/22||922 N. Green Bay, Waukegan||10/6||2520 N. Narragansett, Chicago|
|9/23||2520 N. Narragansett, Chicago||10/7||5320 S. Pulaski, Chicago|
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts