MasterCard continues to make payments simpler and more secure through the release of the Mobile MasterCard ® PayPass™ User Interface Software Development Kit (UI SDK) for Android and BlackBerry OS 7 mobile operating systems. Free to license and available globally, this new toolkit helps issuers, mobile network operators and third party developers rapidly build innovative new mobile applications that give consumers the speed and convenience of PayPass Tap-and-Go ™ contactless payments – directly from their smartphone.
The availability of NFC-equipped phones is rapidly increasing, with over 70 models already approved by MasterCard as Mobile PayPass compatible devices, and the growth of Mobile payment transactions is accelerating. According to Juniper Research, payments from NFC-equipped phones are expected to be responsible for sales exceeding $75 billion by 2013.
Prior to the launch of the Mobile MasterCard PayPass UI SDK, highly specialized skills were required to develop applications that could interface with the NFC capabilities in popular smartphones like the Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC One X, Sony Xperia S and RIM BlackBerry Bold 9900. Now, MasterCard is providing a programmer-friendly set of functions that make it easy for application developers to rapidly deliver payment apps to consumers – without having to become smart card programming experts.
“BMO’s vision is to be the bank that defines great customer experience,” said David Heatherly, Vice-President, Payment Products, BMO Bank of Montreal. “We fulfill that vision each and every day by continuing to innovate and by delivering products and services to our customers that are relevant in today’s market and offer a better payment experience. Last September, BMO became the only major Canadian bank to roll out a 'Tap and Go' payment solution for mobile phones using a Mobile PayPass tag. MasterCard’s UI SDK gives us the opportunity to continue to be a leader in this space as the technology supporting mobile payments evolves.”MasterCard’s toolkit provides everything software developers need to quickly create contactless payment solutions for Android and BlackBerry users:
- API Code Libraries
- API Specification Documentation
- Developer Guide
- Sample UI Application Code
- White-Label Reference UI Application
- Test Suite to Ensure Compliance and Apps
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV