The Fraud of Negative Gold/Silver Lease Rates: Opinion
VANCOUVER ( Silver Gold Bull) -- Experienced precious metals investors are familiar with the topic of "negative lease rates" for gold and silver bullion. However, even novice investors can infer what is being discussed: paying someone to "borrow" gold/silver bullion.
In general, any time we contemplate a situation where lenders are paying borrowers to borrow, the word "dump" immediately comes to mind. This is because we begin the scenario with a lender choosing to enter into a transaction with the deliberate outcome of losing money.
Because the world of commerce is entirely devoted to earning profits rather than creating losses, this automatically also implies market-manipulation -- and thus fraud.
It is within this general context that we can now look at the particular subject of the gold and silver markets, where lease rates are now usually negative (and are negative again
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV