TE Connectivity Ltd. today announced its new MRJ21 XG pre-terminated copper cabling system designed to deliver 10 GbE (10-Gigabit Ethernet) throughput in all architectures where copper cabling is required. Based on the foundation of TE’s industry-leading MRJ21 high-density interface, the MRJ21 XG cabling solution helps facilitate management of data center rack and floor space, density and throughput while also capitalizing on its ease of deployment and fast installation rates.
“Due to the increasing penetration of 10GBASE-T switches and blades in the data center, the need to quickly deploy a 10 GbE copper system with minimal white space consumption has become critical,” said Kam Patel, business line manager of data center solutions at TE Enterprise Networks. The MRJ21 XG cabling system, comprised of cable assemblies, cassettes and Cat 6A shielded patch cords, answers this challenge in three ways:
- Space savings – the unique MRJ21 XG trunk cable typically consumes 5% less volume than most other zone cabling solutions and up to 37% less than traditional twisted pair systems, thereby reducing containment costs and improving airflow in and around the servers and switches. This has the ability to positively impact both initial capital expenditures as well as ongoing operating costs.
- Density – the MRJ21 XG solution offers 48 RJ45 ports in a fixed, single rack unit configuration, allowing server or switch-specific designs with maximum rack efficiency and minimal wasted space.
- Throughput – the MRJ21 XG cabling system can be deployed in traditional cross-connect architectures, office LAN environments and the latest server-to-core switch configurations and supports all data rates up to and including 10 Gb/s (Gigabits per second).
The MRJ21 XG copper cabling system offers a number of unique benefits that only TE’s MRJ21 product line can provide. The unique plug design supports four separate 10 GbE transmission channels over a single trunk cable, giving guaranteed throughput performance and fast installation. For higher density copper cross-connect applications, a fixed 48-port 1RU panel is available. Additional benefits include:
- Supports multiple 10-Gigabit architectures, including top-of-rack (ToR), end-of-row (EoR) and middle-of-row (MoR)
- Plug-n-play design delivers greater ease of deployment and faster installation of additional capacity/service
- Supports green IT initiatives by improving airflow and energy efficiency with lower cable volumes
- Shielded system ensures the highest levels of signal immunity to cross-talk
“Our customers have been asking for this. It’s like having a plug-n-play MRJ21 copper cable system but now for 10 Gb/s vs. 1 Gb/s,” added Patel. “We believe this is a game-changer in the data center industry. Our MRJ21 XG solution is pre-terminated for faster installation, has a sleek and compact design for more efficient use of space, and a high density, multi-channel 10-gigabit connector interface that readies our customers for higher density line cards in the future.” Additional information about the new MRJ21 XG copper cabling system can be found at: www.te.com/MRJ21About TE Connectivity TE Connectivity (NYSE: TEL) is a global, $14 billion company that designs and manufactures approximately 500,000 products that connect and protect the flow of power and data inside the products that touch every aspect of our lives. Our nearly 100,000 employees partner with customers in virtually every industry—from consumer electronics, energy and healthcare, to automotive, aerospace and communication networks—enabling smarter, faster, better technologies to connect products to possibilities. For more information, visit: www.te.com. TE’s Enterprise Networks infrastructure solutions connect people and technology across office networks and data centers. Many of the world’s most complex data networks run applications at speeds of up to 100 Gb/s over products from TE’s AMP NETCONNECT and TrueNet portfolios. For more information, visit: www.TE.com/enterprise. TE Connectivity, TE connectivity (logo), and MRJ21 are trademarks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV