BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- And just like that, investors like stocks again.
Well, maybe it wasn't "just like that" -- it took Ben Bernanke agreeing to spend $40 billion a month on mortgage-backed securities for the foreseeable future. But the results are the same: Investors are getting comfortable buying stocks again. That's evidenced by the fact that the S&P 500 closed another week with nearly 2% gains, shoving Mr. Market's total gains in 2012 to an impressive 16.6%.
This new wave of equity optimism is setting the stage for even higher price levels by the end of September. That's why we're turning to a new set of Rocket Stocks this week.For the uninitiated, "Rocket Stocks" are our list of companies with short-term gain catalysts and longer-term growth potential. To find them, I run a weekly quantitative screen that seeks out stocks with a combination of analyst upgrades and positive earnings surprises to identify rising analyst expectations, a bullish signal for stocks in any market. After all, where analysts' expectations are increasing, institutional cash often follows. >>5 Stocks Under $10 Set to Soar In the last 168 weeks, our weekly list of five plays has outperformed the S&P 500 by 78.58%. Without further ado, here's a look at this week's Rocket Stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV