Rating Change #4
Gerdau SA (GGB) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 189.40% to $478.88 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, GERDAU SA has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -26.65%.
- GGB's share price has surged by 25.70% over the past year, reflecting the market's general trend, despite their weak earnings growth during the last quarter. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, GGB should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- GERDAU SA's earnings per share declined by 21.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GERDAU SA reported lower earnings of $0.64 versus $0.90 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.09 versus $0.64).
- GGB, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 14.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 25.2%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV