Rating Change #6
has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and feeble growth in its earnings per share.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 941.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $0.28 million to -$2.37 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, REALPAGE INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- REALPAGE INC's earnings have gone downhill when comparing its most recently reported quarter with the same quarter a year earlier. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, REALPAGE INC reported poor results of -$0.03 versus $0.00 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.48 versus -$0.03).
- RP's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.15 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.93 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- The gross profit margin for REALPAGE INC is rather high; currently it is at 64.60%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -3.00% is in-line with the industry average.
RealPage, Inc. provides on demand software solutions for the rental housing industry in North America. Realpage has a market cap of $1.89 billion and is part of the
computer software & services
industry. Shares are down 0.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
You can view the full
Realpage Ratings Report
or get investment ideas from our
investment research center