Rating Change #8
Titan Machinery Inc
has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from buy to hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, generally higher debt management risk and poor profit margins.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 16.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 31.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- TITAN MACHINERY INC's earnings per share declined by 16.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TITAN MACHINERY INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.15 versus $1.23 in the prior year. This year, the market expects earnings to be in line with last year ($2.15 versus $2.15).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Trading Companies & Distributors industry. The net income has decreased by 17.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $6.29 million to $5.21 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.46 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with this, the company manages to maintain a quick ratio of 0.25, which clearly demonstrates the inability to cover short-term cash needs.
Titan Machinery Inc. owns and operates a network of full service agricultural and construction equipment stores in the United States and Europe. It engages in the sale of new and used equipment. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.3, above the average specialty retail industry P/E ratio of 9.1 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Titan Machinery has a market cap of $406.6 million and is part of the
industry. Shares are down 10.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
You can view the full
Titan Machinery Ratings Report
or get investment ideas from our
investment research center