TORONTO, Sept. 17, 2012 /CNW/ - PowerShares Canada announced today that it has reached a significant milestone, recently topping $3 billion in Canadian assets under management in its PowerShares ETFs and PowerShares ® Funds.
TSX-listed ETF assets have grown in excess of 25% since December 2011 to over $1 billion, making the company the fastest-growing new exchange-traded fund (ETF) provider in Canada.
"Our tremendous growth over the last year is a testament to our commitment and dedication to changing the Canadian ETF landscape," said Michael Cooke, Head of Distribution for PowerShares Canada.
Since June 2011, PowerShares Canada has launched 14 TSX-listed ETFs, complementing its lineup of 21 distinct PowerShares mutual funds.In a market dominated by cap-weighted index ETFs, PowerShares Canada is leading the intelligent ETF revolution. Calling the last 12 months "a year of firsts," Cooke highlighted the following ETF innovations for PowerShares Canada:
- Canada's first suite of low-volatility index ETFs, PowerShares S&P/TSX Composite Low Volatility Index ETF [TSX:TLV] and PowerShares S&P 500 Low Volatility (CAD Hedged) Index ETF [TSX:ULV];
- Canada's first high-beta index ETFs, PowerShares S&P/TSX Composite High Beta Index ETF [TSX:THB] and PowerShares S&P 500 High Beta (CAD Hedged) Index ETF [TSX:UHB];
- Canada's first fundamental high-yield ETF, PowerShares Fundamental High Yield Corporate Bond (CAD Hedged) Index ETF [TSX:PFH]; and
- Canada's first senior loan ETF, PowerShares Senior Loan (CAD Hedged) Index ETF [TSX:BKL].
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts