NEW YORK, Sept. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ING U.S., Inc., the holding company for ING U.S.'s core Retirement, Investment Management and Insurance businesses, announced today that it has expanded the roles and responsibilities for some members of its executive team.
The expanded roles and responsibilities primarily involve Rodney O. Martin, Jr., chief executive officer, Alain Karaoglan, executive vice president and chief operating officer, and Ewout Steenbergen, executive vice president and chief financial officer:
- Effective immediately, Martin, who has more than 35 years of financial services experience, will provide oversight responsibility for ING U.S.'s core Retirement and Insurance businesses, while continuing with his current direct management responsibilities as CEO.
- Alain Karaoglan has been promoted to chief operating officer and will assume oversight responsibility for ING U.S.'s core Investment Management business, Brand Marketing, Operations, and Information Technology, in addition to continuing with his responsibilities for Strategy and Corporate Development and Investor Relations. Karaoglan has more than 25 years of experience in the financial services industry.
- Ewout Steenbergen, chief financial officer, will now assume oversight responsibility for ING U.S.'s Treasury and Capital Management activities. He will continue to lead the Finance function in the areas of Actuarial, Tax, Controllership, Financial Reporting, Insurance Investments, and Procurement. Steenbergen has more than 22 years of financial services experience.
"Alain and Ewout are capable and results-oriented leaders who have demonstrated their ability to handle these expanded roles as we make progress toward our independent future," Martin said. "This structure better leverages the strengths and experience of all of our leaders, and intensifies our focus on helping Americans address their retirement needs through our outstanding asset accumulation, asset protection, and asset distribution products and services."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV