Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) announced that its 2011 corporate sustainability report, which was developed in accordance with the internationally recognized Global Report Initiative’s (GRI) sustainability report framework, was acknowledged by GRI, as meeting its Application Level C Guidelines. This application level reflects the extent of disclosure requirements the company achieved in its report, which is available online at www.tenethealth.com/community.
“The publishing of our second report reaffirms our ongoing commitment and continued progress of strategic operations and performance initiatives to support our sustainability strategy,” said Trevor Fetter, Tenet’s president and CEO. “We believe this commitment is crucial to our success as a corporation, employer and steward of the communities in which we serve.”
The focus of Tenet’s sustainability efforts includes maintaining the highest standards of business conduct; reducing environmental impact; providing a safe workplace for employees; and delivering on our commitments to patients, physicians, investors, employees and other stakeholders. Highlights of the report include:
- Continuing advancement in quality care, including outperforming the national average on the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ publicly reported core measures, achieving new highs in patient and physician satisfaction scores, and an update on the company’s adoption of electronic health records.
- Ongoing commitment to providing care to the uninsured and support for the communities where we work. In 2011, the company provided $530 million in care to the uninsured, $126 million in sales and property taxes, and $13 million in contributions to community organizations and academic institutions.
- Committing to operating in a more environmentally sustainable manner through our partnership with ten other influential U.S. health systems as a sponsoring organization of the Healthier Hospitals Initiative (HHI). HHI leads a national campaign to implement a new approach to improving environmental health and sustainability in the health care sector through providing a framework to implement more sustainable business models to address the health and environmental impacts of the industry.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation, a leading health care services company, through its subsidiaries operates 49 hospitals, over 100 free-standing outpatient centers, and Conifer Health Solutions, a leader in business process solutions for health care providers serving nearly 400 hospital and health care entities nationwide. Tenet’s hospitals and related health care facilities are committed to providing high quality care to patients in the communities they serve. For more information, please visit www.tenethealth.com.Some of the statements in this release may constitute forward-looking statements. Such statements are based on our current expectations and could be affected by numerous factors, and are subject to various risks and uncertainties discussed in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our annual report on Form 10-K for the year ended Dec. 31, 2011, our quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and periodic reports on Form 8-K. Do not rely on any forward-looking statement, as we cannot predict or control many of the factors that ultimately may affect our ability to achieve the results estimated. We make no promise to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of changes in underlying factors, new information, future events or otherwise.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts