The stock was last quoted right at $700, up 1.3%, on late volume of nearly 160,000, according to Nasdaq.com. The shares, which gained 1.2% to close the regular session at $699.78, ran as high as $700.44 -- yet another new all-time high -- earlier in the extended session.
Apple announced record-shattering iPhone 5 pre-order sales earlier this morning, selling more than 2 million iPhone 5s in the first 24 hours of its availability.
Shares of Apple have had a meteoric rise this year, gaining 72.47% year-to-date, as the company continues to roll out new product after new product that the masses clamor for.The tech giant said Monday demand for the iPhone 5 had exceeded the initial supply, and that while the majority of pre-orders will arrive to customers on Sept. 21, many are now scheduled for delivery in October. Interested in more on Apple? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV