Janus Capital Group Inc. (NYSE: JNS) today announced three appointments that enhance the fundamental research capabilities of its fixed income investment team. Janus manages approximately $29 billion in global fixed income and multi-asset strategies for institutional and intermediary clients globally, up from $7.8 billion just four years ago.
- Craig Klein has joined Janus’ fixed income investment team as a Global Credit Analyst. Prior to joining Janus, Klein served as executive director in the Special Situations Group at UBS Securities. Previously, Klein served as the founder and managing member of Redrock Capital Management and as portfolio director and research analyst at Madison Capital Management. He also worked as a global fixed income research analyst and an investment banking analyst at Bear, Stearns & Co. Inc. Klein received a master’s of business administration from the University of Michigan and a bachelor’s degree in finance and economics from the University of Florida. Klein replaces Dan Porter, who is no longer with the firm.
- Jason Brooks has been appointed Global Securitized Products Analyst, a new position on the fixed income team. Prior to joining Janus, Brooks served as director of commercial mortgage-backed securities research at TIAA-CREF and in mortgage research roles at both TIAA-CREF and Gramercy Capital Corp. He received a master’s of business administration in real estate finance from the Fordham University Graduate School of Business and a bachelor’s degree in finance from the College of William and Mary.
- Corinna Lyon has joined Janus’ fixed income team as a Portfolio Information Analyst, a new position, in which she is a member of the risk team that developed and continually enhances Quantum, Janus’ proprietary risk management system. Lyon also focuses on client portfolio reporting. She formerly served as a Project Communications Specialist on Janus’ sales and marketing team, worked in the operations and investment bank client derivatives valuations groups at J.P. Morgan Chase Private Bank, and served as a research associate at Institutional Investor, Inc. Lyon received a master’s in finance from the University of Denver and a bachelor’s degree in finance and marketing from the University of Maryland.
“Building on our success in fixed income, we are excited to add three talented subject-matter experts to bolster the team’s bottom-up, fundamental research process,” said Gibson Smith, Co-Chief Investment Officer, Fixed Income. “The addition of these professionals further demonstrates Janus’ commitment to offering the depth and personnel necessary to deliver strong risk-adjusted returns and preserve capital for our clients.”
About Janus Capital Group Inc.
Janus Capital Group Inc. (“JCG”) (NYSE: JNS) is a global investment firm offering strategies from three individual investment boutiques: Janus Capital Management LLC (“Janus”), INTECH Investment Management LLC (“INTECH”) and Perkins Investment Management LLC (“Perkins”). Each manager employs a research-intensive approach that is distinct within its respective asset class. This multi-boutique approach enables the firm to provide style-specific expertise across an array of strategies, including growth, value and mathematical equities, fixed income and alternatives through one common distribution platform. For more information, visit www.janus.com .As of June 30, 2012, JCG managed $152.4 billion in assets for shareholders, clients and institutions around the globe. Based in Denver, JCG also has offices in Frankfurt, The Hague, Paris, London, Milan, Munich, Zurich, Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Melbourne. Janus Distributors LLC (09/12) Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50409795&lang=en
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV